Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 300g potatoes cut in chunks
- 300g sweet potatoes cut into chunks
- 100g quinoa
- 25g vegan butter
- 1 leek, fine chopped
- 1 garlic glove, crushed
- 150g kale finely shredded
- Good grating of fresh nutmeg
- 2 tbsp chopped sage
- 1 tbsp egg replacer
- Vegetable or sunflower oil for frying
- Plain flour for dusting
- Put all the potatoes in a large pan of salted water and bring to the boil and simmer for 15 -20min until the tender/soft. Drain and leave to steam in the colander to dry out. Mash together and push through a potato ricer.
- Melt the vegan butter in the pan and fry the leek for approx. 13min, add the garlic and fry for another 1min.
- Boil and simmer the kale in salted water for about 2-3 min.
- Boil and simmer the quinoa for approx. 8-12min until it is soft.
- Mix all together and add as well the sage and nutmeg. Taste if the seasoning is fine or add more nutmeg or salt, then mix the egg replacer into the mash.
- Divide the mix into 9-10 balls, then flatten into cake shapes. Chill for 15min.
- Put the oil in a large pan to the depth of 2 cm and heat over a medium heat. Dust the cakes ith flour and fry for 4-5min per side until golden brown.
If you don’t want to cook please see our vegan food plans – conveniently delivered to your home.