Prep time 15 min
Cook time 1 hour
- 260g macaroni
- 2 tbs spoon plant based spread
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tbsp. mustard powder
- 430ml almond milk
- 20g nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- 200g mixed salad leaves
- Lemon juice ½ half
- 1kg butternut sqash (diced and peeled)
- Cooking spray
- 2 crushed garlic gloves
- Preheat ofen to 180C fan.
- Mist the cooking spray over the butternut squash and season it to taste (Roasting tin).
- Roast the butternut squash for about 30 – 35 min until tender and golden. Blitz it in the food processor until smooth.
- While the butternut squash is roasting cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water for 6-8 min until just al dente, drain and set aside.
- Put the vegetable spread into a pan and set on medium heat. Once melted ad the garlic and cook for one minute. Add the flour and mustard powder and cook, stir constantly for 4-5 min.
- Gradually stir the almond milk and gently simmer for around 8 min until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Season to tast and stir in the yeast and mashed butternut squash until well mixed.
- Add the pasta and chives and stir to combine. Pour in a baking dish and bake for about 20 min until lightly golden.
- Dress Salad leaves with the lemon juice and serve with the macaroni cheese.
If you don’t want to cook please see our vegan food plans – conveniently delivered to your home.